Thursday, May 18, 2006

London, Day 2: The Rest of the Day

As you might have noticed from the many pictures on my flickr account, we went on a bus tour all over the main part of London. Turns out that London proper is only about a square mile in the middle of the city. The rest is technically Westminster. We saw Buckingham Palace (alas, the Queen is around right now, so there won't be tours), Big Ben, 10 Downing Street, the Thames, the Tower Bridge, Trafalgar Square, Harrods, and the Globe Theater, as well as a bunch of other buildings that I don't remember because there were so many. I'm not even sure what all my pictures are of anymore, so if you know, be sure to tell me!

One of the things I've noticed about London is how tall it is. I'm not sure that I've seen a single-story building yet. Most of the buildings in Kensington are four or five stories. It's an odd feeling having all those buildings looming over me, particularly since they're so close together.

No comments: