Thursday, June 08, 2006

London, Day 21: Tea

Cucumber and Cream Cheese SandwichTea has been an honored English tradition for some time. So, naturally, I wanted to have some tea and scones before I left London. I went to the Orangery, a fancy establishment in Kensington Gardens near the palace. There were several options on the menu. I chose one that included a cucumber and cream cheese sandwich, a scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam, a slice of carrot cake, and of course, tea. I chose Earl Grey because it's my favorite sort of English tea. Why? Well, I like the slightly fruity taste...and Captain Picard drinks it. I have yet to adopt Captain Janeway's predilection for coffee, however.

By the way, doesn't clotted cream sound like something you wouldn't want to eat? It's actually pretty good, though. Seems like a cross between butter and whipped cream. Delicious!

No comments: